Saturday, April 16, 2011

Weigh in day

This morning was weigh in day.  I was nervous.  I almost didn't weigh myself.  My goal was to have lost 1kg since Sunday last week.  I stupidly had already weighed myself on Wednesday and had only lost 200g which is really nothing.  I know it was too early, but I was still worried I'd be disappointed when I stood on the scales this morning.

But, I wasn't disappointed.  In fact, I wasn't disappointed at all, I was thrilled to discover that I had lost 2.6kg since Sunday last week.

It's amazing what can happen when you prioritise baby over chocolate etc (although I won't lie - this week when I had AF, and when I was writing the assignment that was due, I'd have LOVED some chocolate but I refused to give into temptation).

I had a personal training session on Thursday night and we talked about my goal to have a baby, the weight that might be holding me back from achieving that goal and how my bad lower back will cope when I do get that goal.

We did some exercises that will hopefully strengthen my core muscles etc in the hope that it will help when I do get pregnant.  I realised how much I'd missed personal training and how much better the gym is for me when I have someone to answer to, and someone to push me further than I'd push myself.  I decided to pay for 6 PT sessions for the month I've got this gym membership, which works out to be 2 sessions a week.  I decided it was an investment in losing the weight in the hope that this will help me get pregnant, and also an investment to make pregnancy easier on my back.  It might only be a month, but after that month, I'll definitely be looking at joining a gym and doing PT again - it really does make such a difference.

I also hope that by focussing on my health, it will take the focus off TTC and also make me feel a bit better about myself.  I have to admit that since I realised just how much weight I'd put on, I haven't felt like DTD as much as I used to.  To be honest, the reason we were out last month was because I'd ovulated late, and we really hadn't had sex around that time, at all...! I hope that by losing weight, it'll give me back my mojo and we'll be going like rabbits again like we used to, before TTC and before I realised how much weight I'd put on.  This too, will help us get that baby that we both want.

Fingers crossed!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. You have done an Amazing job in 1 week! Weight loss and gyms are very addictive and I'm glad you are hooked. After a month, I think you will be rearing to take control of your own weightloss journey, and I hope you are rewarded with a bfp.

    ReplyDelete