Thursday, April 28, 2011

Let's step this up a notch...

I've been a bit slack in updating the blog, mainly because there's very little to report on for my TTC efforts other than, well, DTD which I'm sure none of you are particularly interested in ;) LOL

I've started taking Vitex and I had a good chat to the lady at the chemist.  I'm glad I spoke to her as she was actually rather thorough asking questions about my cycle. TMI warning ahead: In talking to her, it seems that perhaps my cycles (apart from being all over the place) are not normal as talking about it, I don't seem to get much red blood when AF arrives, it's mostly brown and clotty.  She said this isn't exactly normal but it's not something I need to be rushing off to the doctor about as she seems to think the Vitex will definitely sort this out.  I'd be interested in hearing from others about this if you don't mind sharing?  She said that it may take at least 2 cycles for the Vitex to have any effect - if you've taken Vitex, what are your experiences with it?

I thought I'd give also give a quick update on the weight loss while I'm here.

I've been going to the gym (including the gym in our building over Easter when the normal gym was closed!) regularly and trying to push harder each time.  Every time it starts to feel too hard, I remind myself why I'm doing this, and start visualising that pregnancy, that baby, that child that I'm doing this for and before I know it, I've pushed through it and it's time to finish.  I've got my personal training sessions and I've done 4 of them now.  Two more to go.  The last two she's really pushed me and I think it's fair to say my legs and arms will be very sore tomorrow!!!

Weight-wise, I was disappointed to discover on Sunday that I'd only lost 400g since the previous Sunday.  I was so devastated that I hadn't reached my goal of 1kg a week when I've been extra good with food (as in NO naughty food at all!) and had been exercising my butt off!

I decided to weigh myself on Tuesday morning as I was sure that the cardio I'd done the couple of days prior to weigh in day just needed an extra day or two to catch up and I was right - according to the scales, I'd lost 1.5kg since Sunday!  Clearly I can't expect much of a weight loss (if any) next Sunday when I weigh myself but even if I don't lose anything for the rest of this week, I'm thrilled with this result.

So, the weight loss in total so far is 2.5 + 2.6 + 0.4 + 1.5= 6.5kg!!!

I am ecstatic that I have been able to achieve this on my own because I feel like every kilo I'm losing puts me one step closer to getting pregnant.  I decided though that I need to step it up a notch, so I paid some dollars and joined Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation.  I've started a new blog for my weight loss stuff as there are prizes involved but I'll still update bits and pieces on here.  If you're interested in keeping track of my weight loss journey, the new blog is: http://bellas12wbt.blogspot.com/ .

I've actually noticed in the last week-ish my sex drive has started to return, which has definitely gotta be a good thing for baby making eh?!?!  Not to mention, the new jeans I bought a few weeks ago no longer fit me (OK so they were a fraction too big for me then, but now they're waaaay too big for me!).  That's gotta be a good thing!

Wish me luck!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great Bella! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you have been quiet, can't post whilst doing squats and pushups! Wow you have done amazingly! Your body will plateau, so make sure you keep shocking your body with cross training. Never do the same routine twice in a row. I'm sure you will learn this from your trainer and Michelles notes.

    As for Vitex. I took it for 3 full cycles then stopped to take clomid. But it did extend my cycle to 27 days instead of 24. I really wish I started on that a year ago now. I think it will really help you!! I took a Fusion Health brand from a health store, which was more potent than blackmores etc. Best wishes you Ninja!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 18 months TTC ended in MC... another 8 months TTC bringing it up to 26 months total... took vitex that cycle as we awaiting IVF appointment... voila... Xavier....

    with stella i only had to buy a bottle of the stuff.. didn't even have to take it.. the thread of taking it was enough it seemed...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies - sounds promising! So excited for the future!

    xox

    ReplyDelete