Saturday, April 9, 2011

On my way to getting that baby...

I weighed myself today on the Wii Fit and I was very happy to see that I've lost 2.5kg since I last weighed myself.  I'm very happy to have discovered this, even though the last time I weighed myself was a month ago, so it's a very slow weightloss.  That said, I'm still pretty happy with it when I consider I haven't done any exercise, and up until the end of last week, although I was eating somewhat healthily most of the time, there was still room for improvement (read: 3pm sugar binges and sometimes skipping breakky).

I bought Michelle Bridges' Crunchtime Cookbook on Wednesday night which I'm super impressed with.  It's got lots of great info in it as well as a 12 week meal plan with recipes for every meal, where all the meals are simple, don't take much time to prepare and I don't have to go to some obscure shop in the middle of Timbucktoo to find some of the ingredients.

Needless to say, since Thursday, I've been eating only meals from the book and I have to say I'm really enjoying it.  I've never really been shown how to eat healthy like this before.  Growing up, my grandmother used to cook the same old mashed potato and pumpkin, carrots and meat every night, and when mum cooked, it would mostly be something out of a cardboard box from the freezer.  If mum did make a salad, it was always a very boring iceberg lettuce, cheese and tomato sort of salad which always left me feeling hungry which never really inspired me to want to eat salads.

I also managed to score a month's membership at the V Club for $30 which I thought was the Universe telling me that there is no time like the present to get this weight off me in the hope that this is what is holding me back in the baby-stakes.

My first visit was Thursday night (I didn't waste any time) and I went to a belly dancing class - let me just say, I had forgotten how uncoordinated I am!!!!

Anyway, tomorrow is D-Day, the official start day for smashing both my eating habits and my exercise habits.  I'm hoping to go to the Cycle class (if there are enough bikes, because I'm only on a trial pass, I can't book them!) and then follow that by the Body Pump class.  I know that's a lot and to be honest I'm not even sure I'll be able to manage it, but it's the only way I can get to all the classes in the week.

I WILL get that baby.  Maybe not this year now, but that doesn't mean I can't have a 2012 baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment