Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Operation: Back on Track

So, I've given my healthy eating for a baby plan a name - Operation: Back on Track.

Last week I was really proud of myself.  I had increased my water intake (from nothing to 750ml bottle) and had managed to have a salad every day for lunch.  The salad consisted of baby spinach leaves, chick peas, 3 beans, 1/4 avocado, some grape tomatoes and small tin of tuna & sweet corn & mayo (yes I know it's not entirely healthy, but it's a start yeah?!).  I made sure I had veges for dinner every night and fought the urge to have some of those hot chips on Sydney Boy's plate... OK OK , so I confess I did steal a couple off his plate... but still... a good effort nonetheless...

I also started eating breakfast and packed plenty of fruit with me which I usually devoured by lunch time (whoops).  I stopped drinking my lattes, in the (probably false) hope that the increase of water less the caffeine to dehydrate me would be better...

Sometimes it was easy to stave off those 3pm sugar lows because I'd ask myself whether I wanted the junk food or the baby more.  The baby won out every time... obviously.  The problem is that I'd forgotten how easy it can be to get junk without even thinking about it once you're back in the habit of it.  So, some days I did really well, and other days I failed.

This week started off well - I chose to stay in the office and eat my salad instead of going outside for the meat pie I had craved (yes, thanks work mate for making the smell waft through the office!), although today I didn't leave enough time this morning to pack lunch and then at lunch, I couldn't get cash out of the ATM because it was down and I didn't know where the next closest one was, nor could I find anywhere I could get a salad sandwich or just a salad where I could EFTPOS it so I had to go to Coles and get a frozen pasta meal.  Although it's not McDonalds, so it was healthier in that respect, I had been trying to avoid eating carbs, especially in the afternoon.

It was our anniversary yesterday so we went out for Outback Jacks for dinner and I had ribs which were yummy... but not healthy...

On the upside, we did have some pretty hot BD'ing last night and I did have some EWCM today so fingers crossed that we catch the egg this month...  I'm not monitoring my cycles at the moment to see whether they shorten when not being watched (going with the kettle doesn't boil while you're watching it theory...) so I'm not exactly sure whether I should be ovulating around now or what... I assume I'll find out at some point...

So that's me... trying to eat healthy for baby, trying not to keep track of where I'm at in my cycle to conceive baby, hoping for a baby soon...

2 comments:

  1. Would be so cool if you conceived a baby on your anniversary! Good job with the diet....all you can do is try your best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job. It's a matter of changing habits, and you have started off with a bang!!

    ReplyDelete