Turns out, she also had a boy, Harrison (which I'm peeved about because I like the bloody name!!!). I couldn't help but feel so freakin' relieved. One down, and one to go (I think the other cousin is due in Nov-ish). Here's to hoping she has a boy too! lol
The jealousy of the fact she's gotten somewhere I haven't and the joy that it wasn't a girl quickly turned to guilt when I found out a day later that she has had fits since having the baby and spent most of Friday night unconscious. They've done an MRI and they can't see anything wrong with her. The doctors are baffled about what caused it. Mum said she has lost sensation in her left side so I'm wondering whether a stroke or something was a possibility?
So now I feel bad. I obviously didn't cause or want this to happen to her, but fuck she could have died and here I was worrying that the freaking baby would be a girl. I feel like the worst person in the world now.
So bad in fact that I was prepared to drive the two hours to go see her in hospital (despite the competitiveness, she does seem to like me and look up to me according to my mum) and stop off on the way to pick up some baby stuff.
The only reason I didn't was because it was raining, it's a long weekend which means double demerit points (not that I speed, or try too but I'm paranoid that the times I take my eyes off the speedo for a few minutes will be when the speed creeps up and I get done for speeding) and also because mum didn't really know where in the hospital my cousin was as she was getting the info second and third hand through my grandmother.
I think if she is still in hospital next weekend (assuming the docs keep here there til they're satisfied she's not at risk of it happening again), I'll drive up and visit her. Maybe the baby 'germs' will be catching and my uterus and eggs etc will go "oooooh so *that's* what I'm supposed to do" and make it happen for me.... and also I won't feel so guilty for being so jealous of her...
No comments:
Post a Comment